JOB DESCRIPTION FOR:
TITLE: – Plumber (site installer)
|MAIN DUTIES||EXTRA NOTES|
1) Promote the company and brand at all times. Present a professional image and a considerate attitude towards our clients (and their purchaser customers) to meet their needs, expectations and alleviate their concerns.
2) Ensure brand compliance and follow general company polices. Bring passion to your work by example and be part of a high performing team delivering customer satisfaction. Make sound judgements and provide useful performance feedback to the team. Ensure your personal attire is presentable, clean and appropriate.
3) Ensure you take suitable breaks; during the day, evenings and weekends and full annual holidays to ensure you are alert and ready for work when appropriate.
4) Obtain and keep up to date with qualifications relevant to this role.
|At all times we expect our customers, suppliers and other staff to be treated politely with the utmost respect. Any issues to be reported back to your line manager.
If you require any extra training, this should be put your line manager or a director for approval.
5) Receive direction and follow instruction from the Directors, Contract Managers and Supervisors. Feedback to management where you believe there is a conflict in information provided and recognised standards of good practice or regulation.
6) Predict future material, tools and plant requirements and report via the site supervisor to aid with management organisation. Review progress with site supervision. Plan workloads and manage time well to ensure good service and minimise expense.
|You are expected to work closely with and communicate well with your line manager.
You are expected to self-supervise when designated.
As well as supervisors at site level we also have office based staff who are available to help with any issues. Any problems working with a supervisor or line manager should be reported to a director.
7) Install all forms of domestic plumbing and heating systems in a neat, tidy, and professional manner with minimal supervision.
8) Use contract information provided. Follow design and specification information as relevant. Install in full compliance of manufacturers details, gas safe regulations, and recognised standards of good practice.
9) Deal with company material supplies, treat them carefully to ensure they are undamaged and kept safe. Check supplier deliveries, report shortages and return paperwork.
10) Take materials from place of storage on site to point of installation. Use materials carefully and prevent waste. Return any unused materials to safe storage.
11) If required, drive a company van to and from site complete with tools. You may also need to carry other staff with you as passengers. From time to time, you may be asked to collect materials from those stores or a supplier and deliver to a site.
|Most installations are on new housing sites under contract conditions.
Where there is a conflict with information provided, you believe there are errors or you can see what you believe is an improvement then this should be brought to the attention of our management.
As well as site management we also have office based staff who are available to aid with any material issues.
You are expected to be able to drive a van. You are required to provide a copy of your current driving license and keep the company informed of any penalties.
12) Work closely with other trades on site to be as helpful as reasonably possible. Ensure installations fit into the fabric and co-ordinated with other trades.
13) Highlight and manage risk. Be aware of site and company health and safety plans and ensure they are followed when appropriate.
14) If provided with a company vehicle, ensure the vehicle is roadworthy, well-maintained, kept safe, clean, tidy and regularly serviced. Report to the admin department any maintenance work required.
15) Ensure your own, and the company’s, tools and plant are kept safe, clean, well-maintained, regularly serviced, tested and calibrated as appropriate.
16) As an employee, you should attend site as directed on normal working days, during working hours. You are expected to be punctual.
Any issues should be reported in the first instance to on-site supervision.
You are responsible for your own safety and of those around you. You must at all times act responsibly.
You are required to provide a copy of your current driving license and keep the company informed of any penalties.
This normally means on site from 8:00am to 4:30pm.
AT ALL TIMES STRIVE TO PROVIDE A HIGH LEVEL OF SERVICE, ENSURING CUSTOMER SATISFACTION AND REPEAT BUSINESS