DOMESTIC GAS ENGINEER
This position is within our service and maintenance division of the Evans Group, Heppelthwaite the Red Van Plumbers.
Main requirements – Experience in the following areas are required.
- Boiler breakdown, repairs and servicing
- Boiler installation (preferred but not essential)
- General plumbing
- Gas Safe Registered
- Driving license
- Relevant qualifications: NVQ level three point.
Principal Tasks and Duties
- Undertake the servicing, repair and maintenance of gas heating systems.
- To service and repair boilers as required and working in accordance with up to date Gas Safety regulations and manufacturer guidelines.
- To undertake an assessment of repairs and to diagnose faults. Where necessary provide appropriate action ensuring the heating system is left in good working order and that the customer is left informed and satisfied. Where a fix is not possible on the same day, provide information to the customer service team that will enable a decision to be made on the best and most cost effective course of action to resolve the problem.
- Highlight and manage risks. Ensuring risk assessment and safety plans are in place when appropriate.
- To be able to undertake general plumbing and basic multi-trade tasks.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of work and advise the customer service team of any delays or early completion.
- Liaise closely with and support the coordinators, supervisors and directors. Receive and follow instructions accordingly.
- To be able to work out of hours from time to time.
- Ensure brand compliance, maintaining a clean and tidy van and personal attire.
- To be capable of using modern technology such as a tablet and smart phone.
Discover more at https://www.redvanplumbers.co.uk/recruitment/
Our reputation is everything so we pride ourselves on providing a high standard of customer service. We expect our engineers to be well mannered, presentable, punctual, helpful and efficient.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Please do not hesitate to get in touch, please click below.