About the Evans Group: –
The Evans Group is a family-owned and operated business, established for over 70 years.
Providing ‘The Complete Plumbing and Heating Service’ to a diverse range of clients. Our four divisions, specialise in key areas such as technical design, M&E new build housing contracts, service and maintenance, and renewable energy.
For more on our Group please visit evansgroup.co.uk
About the role:-
This is a new position in our company that will work directly for the Commercial Director and Managing Director.
They will manage the financial controls and budgets of all our main mechanical contract, on new build housing sites. They will need to have a commercial overview of contract operations, ensuring efficient project delivery from a financial perspective.
They will work closely between Estimating, Purchasing, and Site teams. Making monthly applications to clients, monitoring costs against budget, and reporting financial information to senior management.
As a new position in the business, the role is to be developed by the individual and with senior management, with the aim to further improve our commercial controls and understanding of our financial position.
The role will be based at our Bourne End Office, but will also include visits to sites with our contracts team to gain a greater understanding of site operations.
The role will include, but is not limited to: –
- Full cost management of live contracts
- Setting up new contract files.
- Managing major subcontractor claims and applications.
- Preparing monthly contract valuations/ applications
- Pricing and managing contract variations.
- Reviewing costs against estimated budgets
- Negotiating final accounts
- Client management and relationship building
- Reporting Financial information to relevant departments and Senior Management.
About the Candidate:-
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual, who wants to build their career and join a company where they will play a significant role in the growth and success of the business.
We are looking for someone with strong commercial and financial understanding, with a good eye for detail. Someone who is motivated and hardworking. Who is a team player with good communication skills. A good problem solver and keen to develop new and improve existing systems and processes.
Experience & Qualifications: –
Pre-existing knowledge of the construction industry, the plumbing and heating trade and/or a financial/business background is beneficial, but not essential. Coaching and training to a candidate with the right attitude and acumen will be provided to develop the necessary skills and understanding.
Formal qualifications in Quantity Surveying, accountancy or similar technical training and/or experience in similar roles would be valued and looked for in this role.
Essential Skills: –
- Strong commercial and financial understanding
- Good IT skills and sound Excel knowledge
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management, including direct contact with our clients.
- Qualifications in Quantity Surveying or similar would be beneficial.
- Salary and Package negotiable dependent on experience
- Full time, permanent position, 8-5 Monday to Friday
- Starting Salary £25,000 to £35,000 per year
- Annual Bonus
- Training and skill development provided
- Life assurance scheme
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV
Or post a cv and covering letter to:
R.G. Evans Plumbing and Heating
Unit 5, Wessex Road,
Jacksons Ind Est,
Bucks, SL8 5DT